Wine and History Tour in Lisbon - Full Day Experience
Lisboa, 1100-148, Lisboa - Lisbon
This tour was designed for all of those interested in the history of Lisbon. During the morning we will take you to visit Lisbon's historic centre that resisted the 1755 earthquake. The tour continues to the Wines of Portugal Tasting Room here we will give you the opportunity to discover some of the best wines produced in Portugal. We will take you to lunch in one of the best wine bars in Lisbon and during the afternoon you will learn about theDiscovery Period in Portugal.
- Lisbon's Historic City Centre
- Guided Tour to Lisbon's most emblematic monuments
- Wine experiences at one of the best wine bars in Lisbon
- Wine tasting with the enologist
- Regional pastry tasting
- Breathtaking landscape
- 1 Exclusive walking Tour in Lisbon's Historic Centre and Belém with a private driver and guide for the entire duration of the tour (car of superior range for the transfers)
- Pick up and drop-off at the hotel or Lisbon's Airport
- Entry and guided tour at Lisbon Wines of Portugal Tasting Room - Sala Ogival
- 1 Wine experience commented by the enologist at Lisbon Wines of Portugal Tasting Room
- 1 Wine tasting and lunch at By The Wine – José Maria da Fonseca
- Entry and guided tour to some of the major landmarks from the Discovery period referred in the programme
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses
- Entrance in the visited monuments (tickets available for purchase at the entrance)
- Flights or other means of transportation used to get to the starting point of the itinerary
- Other complementary services not included in the itinerary
Prices and Available Options:
From € 100 (price per person)
|Reservation||Subject to the confirmation of availability|
|Type of Tour||Private Group|
|Duration||Full Day (8 hours)|
|Group Size||2 – 7 People|
|Starting Point||Praça do Comércio, Lisbon|
|Means of payment||Mastercard; Visa|
|General||Booking Guarantee with credit card number; VAT at the legal rate included; Supplements have to be paid separately|
|Spoken Languages||English; Português|
The people are very welcoming. Most of the city attractions are still open and the food and wine are amazing. I had an excellent day there and was able to walk around the city. To me the best bit is the main square by the river. The square itself has magnificent architecture which continues into the city and up the hills. Any of the hills give beautiful views over the city and its surrounds. Worth the visit.
Your day will begin in Lisbon's city centre. In Lisbon's historic centre the private guide will take you to visit Lisbon's Cathedral (Sé Catedral), the only building that survived the 1755 earthquake. Afterwards, we go up one of Lisbon's seven hills, in the Alfama neighbourhood you will go to Castelo de São Jorge, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the city. Going down the typical streets of Lisbon's historic centre, we will take you to discover Baixa Pombalina, a place that was renovated after de earthquake, where you will find the Rua Augusta Arch and the Santa Justa Lift. In the western wing of Praça do Comércio or the old Terreiro do Paço is one of the most emblematic squares in Europe, the place that was home to the Royal Palace of Portugal for two centuries. Here, you will have acommented wine tasting by the in-house enologist at the ViniPortugal's Tasting Room.
For wine and food lovers, we will take you to lunch in the lively Chiado neighbourhood, in one of the best wine bars in Lisbon, By the Wine, from world-renowned producer José Maria da Fonseca.
During the afternoon, we will take you to the Belém area. The Discovery Time in Portugal left major historic landmarks in this area. In a walking tour, we will take you to discover the icons of the Discoveries: The Padrãos dos Descobrimentos, the emblematic Belém Tower and the magnific Jerónimos Monastery. At the end of the day we will sweeten your tour with the typical Belém pastry.