Wine and Food Tour in Porto and Douro - 3 Days experience
Peso da Régua, 5051-909, Porto - Porto and Douro
This tour was designed for culture, wine and food lovers. Discover Porto, one of the most original cities in Europe and Vila Nova de Gaia, the place where the wine is made and matured. In the next day start your journey towards the oldest wine region in the world, World Heritage Site, discover the source of one of the best wines in the world. In a three-day tour you will have the opportunity to visit the most emblematic places in Porto, its monuments, the famous Port Wine Cellars and the most prestigious wine producing estates in Douro.
- World Heritage Site, by UNESCO
- Accommodation in luxury hotels in Porto
- Accommodation in Boutique Estates in Douro or in a luxury resort in the Douro Valley
- Tour to the famous Port Wine Cellars
- Wine experiences in Port and Douro wine producing estates
- Tour with the Agronomy Engineer in a well-renowned wine estate in Douro
- Wine meals and Regional Products Tastings with unique landscapes
- Exclusive cruise in the Douro region in a sailing boat
- Breathtaking landscape
- Exclusive tour in Douro with private driver and guide for the entire duration of the tour in a car of superior range
- Pick up and drop off at the Hotel or at Porto Airport
- 1 Night Accommodation in a Double Room in Porto, in the chosen hotel category
- 1 Night Accommodation in a Double Room in the Douro region, in the chosen hotel category
- 2 Breakfasts in the accommodation units
- 5 Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- 5 Guided tour to 5 renowned Port and Douro wine producing estates
- 1 Wine Workshop
- 1 Wine Tasting at Wines of Portugal Tasting Room
- 2-hour Cruise in the Douro river with Port wine tasting
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses like buying wine bottles
- Flights or other means of transportation used to get to the starting point of the itinerary
- Other complementary services not included in the itinerary
Prices and Available Options:
From € 600 (price per person)
Price per Person from:
Option A or B. More information in the Tour Itinerary.
The Tour includes a vehicle with Private Driver, however if you prefer a Rental Car, we are able to provide it for you. The cost of the tour will be at an unbeatable price.
|Reservation||You will receive an email with the booking details and later on (within 48 hours) a confirmation email; Subject to the confirmation of availability|
|Type of Tour||Private Group|
|Duration||3 Days / 2 Nights|
|Group Size||2 – 7 People|
|Starting Point||Hotel or Porto Airport|
|Payment||It will be charged 50% of the amount of the experience at least 45 days prior to arrival; It will be charged 50% of the amount of the experience when the reservation is confirmed|
|Cancellation||If you cancel less than 45 days before your arrival date, 100% of the total booking will be charged; Cancellation up to 45 days prior your arrival date: 2.5% of the total booking price will be charged|
|No-Show||It will be charged 100% of total booking value|
|Means of payment||Mastercard; Visa; Money|
|General||Booking Guarantee with credit card number; VAT at the legal rate included; Supplements have to be paid separately|
|Spoken Languages||English; Português|
Fantastic wine experience. Beautiful places to visit, the city's heritage, Wine Farms are wonderful and magnificent cruise in a vintage boat. The driver was always available. Thanks for the wonderful experience.
In the lovely city of Porto, after your check-in in a luxury hotel in Porto, we will take you to discover the city's historic centre, considered World Heritage Site by UNESCO: we will take you to the Clérigos Tower, designed and decorated by the Italian architect Nicolau Nasoni, located near Livraria Lello, considered by Lonely Planet one of the three most beautiful bookstores in the world. Across Avenida dos Aliados, you will find São Bento Station, where you can observe its twenty thousand painted tiles, depicting historical landmarks. After enjoying one of the most beautiful views of the Douro River from Sé Catedral do Porto, you will visit Palácio da Bolsa, the building with the most different architectural styles in Porto.
Your lunch will take place in a modern space where you will be able to appreciate the wine and food richness of the city and where your journey to the Port Wine culture will begin. During the afternoon, we will take you to visit one of the most famous Port Wine Cellars and the Wines of Portugal Tasting Room, where we invite you to discover the main differences between the Portuguese wines with the help of an enologist. Your dinner will take place in one of the best restaurants in Porto - Forno Velho.
Accommodation: Category A or Category B
Category A - The Yeatman or Hotel Infante Sagres - Double Room
Leaving from Porto, after your check-out, you will go towards the Douro region. You will have the opportunity to stay at a wine producing estate or in a luxury resort in the Douro Valley where you will find peace, comfort and a luxury environment. In the morning, you will have the opportunity to visit one of the oldest wine estates in Douro, Quinta da Pacheca, where you will taste the best cheeses and jams of the region. After a delicious lunch at Conceitus Winery, we will take you to visit Quinta do Crasto with its infinite pool over the Douro River, where you will admire one of the best views in the world and taste its awarded wines. Your dinner will take place at Castas & Pratos, a luxury restaurant located in an old railway station, in Régua, with a refined wine list.
Accommodation: Category A or Category B
Category A - Six Senses - Quinta Superior
Wake up to the beautiful Douro landscape and recharge your batteries with a fantastic breakfast over the Douro River. After the check-out, we will take you towards Pinhão, where you will have the opportunity to visit Real Companhia Velha's crown jewel and the largest wine producing estate in Douro. After your tour to the estate, we will take you to lunch in a wine producing estate. In the evening, we will take you on a two-hour cruise in Douro where you can enjoy the sunset over the Douro River. After the cruise, it is time to go back to Porto.